Welly is a client for terminal BBS (Bulletin Board Systems), such as MITBBS, NewSMTH, and PTT. It supports Telnet, SSH (Version 1 & 2), and WebSocket.
Welly is optimized for both Macs with Apple silicon and Intel-based Macs.
Compared with generic terminal emulators, Welly has many features specially designed for BBS.
- You can browse the BBS using the mouse or the touchpad with gestures.
- You can select and copy the text in normal mode or rectangle mode.
- You can take a screenshot of the current page, or download articles in full text.
- You can customize fonts for English and Chinese separately. You can also choose your color palette.
- Welly renders fonts smoothly and seamlessly for ASCII art.
- Welly has anti-idle support so that you won’t be logged out due to inactivity.
- Welly supports macOS native full-screen mode and Dark Mode.
- Welly supports the Touch Bar on the MacBook Pro.
- Welly can show hidden texts, such as black text on a black background.
- Welly can tell you where an IP address resides.
- You can write articles in rich text, which supports colors, spell-checking, and undo/redo operations.
- If you paste some rich text, Welly can automatically wrap long lines or convert the colors to ANSI escape sequences, so you don’t have to memorize them.
- Welly can warn you if you accidentally hit “paste” while not in the composing screen.
- You can save and reuse your favorite emoticons.
- You can preview images within Welly, which also shows the EXIF information.
- You can open attachments and URLs using keyboard shortcuts.
- Welly notifies you about incoming messages in the macOS notification center.
- Welly can automatically reply to messages while you are idle.
- You can save your password or SSH private key for automatic login.
- You can use HTTP, HTTPS, or SOCKS proxy servers.
If you need any support, please create an issue.
Welly is a third-party client that conforms to standard network protocols. Welly is not related to any BBS site.